Uses of your personal information
The primary purpose for which Ticketek is collecting your personal information is to provide you with ticketing services such as to process any ticket or other purchase you may have made with us, and to contact you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details, or for the replacement of lost tickets.
You agree that we may also use your personal information for related secondary purposes including to:
- assist in identifying ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
- manage your dealings with us as a My Ticketek member;
- allow venue operators, authorised ticket on-sellers and promoters of events for which you purchase tickets to use it for operational purposes and, with your consent, marketing and promotional purposes;
- display content and advertising that are customised to your interests, preferences & experiences;
- send marketing and promotional material about our products and/or services (or the products and/or services of our Related Bodies Corporate) that we believe you may be interested in;
- fulfil purposes otherwise required/permitted by law (including the Privacy Act); and
If you don't provide us with the personal information requested or the information provided is incorrect or incomplete, this could impact the level of service we are able to provide to you. For example we will not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or venue change.
Disclosures of your personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to the following organisations for the purposes described above (as well as otherwise permitted or required under Australian law):
- Ticketek's Related Bodies Corporate (including Nine Network Australia, Ticketek New Zealand Ltd, ninemsn Pty Ltd, Nine Rewards, Eventopia and Nine Touring and Events);
- Ticketek's agents and other third parties contractors who carry out functions for us (including (but not limited to) hosting, email marketing and/or data processing providers);
- venue operators and promoters of events for which you purchase tickets;
- to authorised ticket on-sellers for operational purposes only;
Disclosures of your personal information to overseas recipients
Some recipients to whom we disclose your personal information may be based overseas, such as our service providers including cloud storage providers. It is not practicable to list every country in which such recipients are located but such countries may include the United States of America and New Zealand.
By accepting this Collection Statement, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to overseas recipients.
- how you may access or correct any of your personal information collected by Ticketek; and
- how you may lodge a complaint with Ticketek for a breach of any APP or APP code, and how Ticketek will action such complaint.
If you have any queries, concerns or other questions regarding Ticketek's collection of your personal information, please contact Ticketek's Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org